That’s NEWS to you
December 9, 2012 - Updated: 6:18 a.m.
If you followed the news closely this week – and even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your news IQ with the questions below. Then try the online version at spokesman. com/newsquiz. Top entries each week are in a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week have a shot at free tickets to the EWU-Weber State basketball game.
1. The Spokane City Council might ask voters to approve a special property tax to help
2. A new state law will require new and remodeled homes to have a device that detects
A. Carbon monoxide
B. Carbon dioxide
E. Lead paint
3. Of the top 10 countries that produce carbon dioxide pollution, which two reported a decrease in the amount they produced in 2012?
A. China and France
B. India and the United Kingdom
C. Germany and the United States
D. Japan and South Korea
E. Can’t fool me. None of the top 10 had a decrease last year.
4. Katie Pemberton was in the news last week after she was named
A. Idaho Teacher of the Year
B. Idaho Elected Official of the Year
C. Idaho Entrepreneur of the Year
D. Idaho Conservationist of the Year
E. Can’t fool me. Pemberton is from Washington.
5. College football bowl game match-ups were announced last week. Which of the following is NOT a real bowl game?
A. Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
B. Poinsettia Bowl
C. Little Caesars Pizza Bowl
D. Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
E. Can’t fool me. Those are all real bowl games.
Check your work
Find answers and last week’s winners on page B3.