That’s NEWS to you
December 16, 2012 - Updated: 6:38 a.m.
If you paid close attention to last week’s news – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in this week’s quiz. Try your hand at the newspaper edition, then go to spokesman.com/newsquiz for our interactive version, where the top entries have a chance each week to win a gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week have a chance to win four tickets to an EWU basketball game.
1. The Spokane Fire Department might reduce the staffing at Station 9 to a two-person rescue company. Where is Station 9?
A. Browne’s Addition
B. East Central
D. South Hill
2. Where does Washington rank among the states in the production of Christmas trees?
3. Ralph and Becky Harvey are proposing a “tent city” for the homeless in Spokane. Where do they think it should be?
A. Under Interstate 90 at South Browne Street
B. At the Spokane County fairgrounds
C. Under the Maple Street Bridge in Peaceful Valley
D. In Riverfront Park, on the north bank of the river.
E. Can’t fool me. There aren’t enough homeless people in Spokane to fill up a tent city.
4. Hip-hop icon Snoop, who will perform in Spokane this week, has gone by several names over his long career. Which of the following is not one of them?
A. Snoop Dogg
B. Snoop Doggy Dogg
C. Snoop Tiger
D. The Doggfather
E. Can’t fool me. He’s used all of those at one time or another.
5. The Seattle Seahawks set a record for points scored in a game last week against the:
A. St. Louis Rams
B. Arizona Cardinals
C. Kansas City Chiefs
D. San Francisco 49ers
E. New Orleans Saints
Check your work
Find answers and last week’s winners on page B3.