Apartment fire deemed electrical

November 14, 2012 4:04 p.m. - Updated: 4:14 p.m.

The Tuesday fire in a Logan neighborhood house converted to apartments was caused by an electrical problem, authorities say.

The blaze was sparked by wiring in the second floor wall, according to Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer. Overheating in the wiring ignited the sawdust insulation in the century-old building, he said, and the fire will be listed as accidental.

Fire damage was mostly in the home’s attic, but there was also damage to the second floor.


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
Back to Spokesman Mobile