Fire sparks in Nine Mile Falls home, damages basement
November 23, 2012 10:46 a.m. - Updated: 10:53 a.m.
The startled homeowners who hurriedly evacuated their burning Nine Mile Falls home this morning braved the cold in nothing but their pajamas.
The fire sparked in the home’s basement in the 9300 block of west Ownby Drive, filling the home with heavy smoke.
Captain Kevin Von Steuben with Fire District 9 said there was moderate damage to furniture, but the homeowners were able to evacuate in time with no injuries.
Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire and continue to investigate the cause.