Fire damages home on 29th Ave.

January 13, 2013 12:37 p.m. - Updated: 5:19 p.m.

A family was burned out of their home in a kitchen fire that erupted on Saturday afternoon, Spokane firefighters said.

Firefighters stopped the 3:14 p.m. blaze in one apartment of a duplex structure at 1306 E. 29th Ave.

All occupants escaped the home without injury. The Red Cross is assisting the family that was burned out.

No injuries were reported. A total of 20 firefighters in eight rigs responded to the blaze.

The fire department estimated that the damage will amount to about $40,000. A cooking fire was blamed as the cause.

Map of this story's location

Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
Back to Spokesman Mobile