That’s NEWS to you
January 27, 2013 - Updated: 12:43 p.m.
If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your memory with our newspaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/newsquiz
to take the interactive quiz. Top entries to the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. National Gonzaga Day was last week, marking what anniversary at the university?
E. Can’t fool me. National Gonzaga Day is to recognize the basketball program.
2. Which local high school sent its marching band to Washington, D.C., for the inaugural parade?
C. Central Valley
D. East Valley
E. West Valley
3. Spokane voters got ballots for a special election in February asking for a tax increase to improve what city service?
4. Some Idahoans don’t need permits to carry concealed weapons. Who isn’t on the list of people exempted from getting a permit?
A. State legislators
B. Jail guards
C. Retired police officers
D. Members of the military
E. Can’t fool me. None of those people are required to get a concealed weapons permit.
5. Baseball Hall of Famer Stan Musial died Jan. 19 at 92. On what Major League team did Musial play for his entire career?
A. Boston Red Sox
B. Chicago Cubs
C. Detroit Tigers
D. New York Yankees
E. St. Louis Cardinals
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winners on page B3.